I like it and my wife loved the music. She said it reminded of Kylie Minogue or something like that. WHOEVER Minogue is xD
Charge it! v2.0
A downloadable game for Windows
This is my project submission for the Weekly Game Jam 176 with the theme "Charge", wich has been updated, reworking the gameplay from the feedback received.
The old version will still be available below, renamed to Game Jam edition.
If you're only interested in the new one, download v2.0, thank you.
In the launcher you might want to lower the music before launching the game (see last image).
The game features two game modes:
- Start game (normal mode) - The more charge, the more spawners active, the more points, higher the speed.
- Practice mode - A mode with no penalty for missing keys, and when released it never drops below one bar, so you can't lose and keep practicing.
It is a skill game where you have to provide inputs when required while keeping the charge, inspired by the mechanics of Guitar Hero-style but with a little twist.
How to play:
- After the map introduction (can be skipped), tap Space to start the charge, you can tap space again to stop the charge and inputs (see below).
- You CAN release the charge, but doing so will release a 60% of the current charge (bottom right of the screen when in a map), If it drops below ONE bar, the game's over.
- Once the letters reach the bottom white line, press the key of the sprite so it gets removed and you get charge points.
If you reach and hold the maximum charge, each input will add one extra point.
I hope you enjoy my first ever released project. Please show it some love and thank you for giving it a try :)
If you have any suggestions or found any bug, please comment down below.
Click download now to get access to the following files: